You Are Now Watching The Throne

Watch The Throne's artwork done by Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci

Jay-Z & Kanye West’s Watch The Throne album has dropped & Twitter and Tumblr alike  seem to be in love. As much as I am against hyping things, I  am inclined to agree with the majority.
There are some songs that I’m not obsessed with. But what I don’t love, I at least like.
Some of my favorites are obvious ones that are most likely held in common with my fellow Kanye & Jay-Z lovers: Ni**as in Paris (“You are now watching the throne, don’t let me get in my zone.” New getting ready song.),  Gotta Have It, That’s My Bitch, Welcome to the Jungle, & of course Who Gon Stop Me (“Now who gon stop me, huh?”).
What I am most surprised by is how much of an impact Murder To Excellence  left on me. The song basically describes how there aren’t that many “black elite” and how we as African Americans should try to help each other get to the top. I definitely agree with that message. So now that is one of my favorite songs. There’s something inspiring about  having those two men, men of the black elite, tell us to aim to get where they are. And that’s just what I’ll do. Try & be better in every aspect of life.
If you haven’t heard Watch The Throne yet please make arrangements to do so. You won’t regret it. You might even come out of the experience with a new perspective on life.
“I’m definitely in my zone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment